Cambridge Muslim College seeks to appoint a Development Manager to lead and manage fundraising operations at the College.
The College was established in 2009 in order to develop Muslim faith leadership. Its mission is to provide world-class education, training and research based on a dialogue between the Islamic intellectual tradition and the ideas and circumstances of the modern world.
Key responsibilities include developing and implementing the fundraising strategy, identifying new major donors and foundations to increase the number of gifts to the College, managing a donor stewardship system and overseeing a regular giving programme
The College has major development plans encompassing initiatives to introduce new academic programmes and to extend the reach of successful existing programmes, to increase the number of scholarships to students and grants for researchers, and to develop the College campus.
The successful applicant will:
- have a degree, or equivalent professional qualification
- have at least 3 years working experience of fundraising in the charitable sector, preferably within the education/academic sector
- have a track record in securing five-six figure donations
- be an excellent communicator and ensure high standards of relationship management and donor care
- have fundraising event management skills and experience
- be a capable user of fundraising database software
- have a strong work ethic, and a flexible, cooperative and collaborative attitude and approach
The successful applicant will be expected to begin as early as possible in the last quarter of 2017.
The post is for 37.5 hours per week.
Starting salary: £33,943 to £38,183 per annum (depending on experience)
28 working days annual leave plus public holidays
Enrolment in the College’s Pension Scheme
Continuous professional development
For further particulars and the job description, please contact Graham McCulloch, Director Operations, by email to email@example.com
Applicants should submit a Personal Statement of not more than 400 words highlighting their suitability for the position and a Curriculum Vitae by 8 October 2017.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in October.
Cambridge Muslim College is an equal opportunities employer. Candidates will need to be UK passport holders or have the legal right to work in the UK. The successful candidate will also need to live in or be able to commute easily to Cambridge. Occasional travel outside Cambridge and overseas, and some out of hours work for events, will be required.